Tumblr Stalkr, server upgrade and some interesting stats!
We are currently upgrading our servers and transferring to a new data centre. In this update period, Stalkr and the ALJT Media domain may be inaccessible. The process does not normally take longer than 12 hours. The process will start at 22:00 GMT
You will know when you are on the correct IP addresses because you will see the login option for Stalkr. For those using OpenDNS, you can use CacheCheck to ensure you are on the correct IPs.
Why the change?
We were previously hosted with Hostgator but have moved to KnownHost. Stalkr has grown to over 15,000 active daily users with 250,000+ registered users and I need to expand. I am upscaling all of my servers to accommodate for this additional bandwidth and traffic surges that we experience! Let alone, I need to give my existing databases a break - they have had it rough!
Give me some stats!
I started development for Tumblr Stalkr 4 and a half years ago when I used to have all the spare time and used Tumblr a lot myself. Since opening:
- 276,502 registerd users
- 15,000 active daily users
- 2,584,212 draft posts created
- 5,000,000+ requests made (sorry to the Tumblr API)
- ~111 Gb of storage
As for development, my initial Stalkr prototype quickly expanded:
- 357 LoC (lines of code) into ~16,000 lines (which is still relatively small)
- Average memory footprint of 550Kb per-run (I like clean code)
- Average load time and response handling of 0.8s (should be quicker soon!)
From me, I thank all of you for using and supporting Stalkr. Some exciting changes coming down the line, stay tuned!